Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Springtime Ponderings

I love Spring. I don't know if it's the extra sunshine, the birds chirping or the sense of hope and something new, but this time of year, I always get super-motivated. I get motivated to get my house clean and organized. (again.) This year, I've already completely rearranged our entire bedroom/relaxation area. Our bed is now in the Sunroom, which I thought would be a semi-bad idea, but it's actually been wonderful! The sunshine coming through the windows in the morning helps me wake up. And since the room is smaller and open and airy, I found that I actually sleep better. There's no clutter in the room to distract me.
I also get motivated to eat healthier and take care of myself. I do think this is directly related to the additional sunshine and the desire to be outdoors. And because of the warmer temperatures outdoors, I tend to crave different types of foods. I want fruits and salads more than hot meals. Nothing makes my mouth water more than a fresh pineapple, watermelon or a good spring mix salad.
I also get a little shopping urge. I'll just blame this one on my childhood, and getting a new Easter dress every year. Here are my latest splurges: Veanna by Tommy Hilfiger
Chambray shirt, by Gap

What are you craving this Spring? Have you been doing a little spring-cleaning?